Pages

Friday 30 April 2010

My main inspiration for this project {HH}

First off I feel I should apologise for posting so many things in a row ... I am hoping that my dearest Lizbet will not feel shamed or guilty ... and yet I know her well enough to feel sure that no amount of reassurance from me will make her feel guilt-free ... but she should do because this project was never meant to be a 'take turns' thing so if I happen to post one hundred things on a particular day or don't post anything for three months then that is all fine, and exactly how it is meant to be :) ... I still feel guilty for any guilt I cause Lizbet ... ha! what a perfect pair we make ;-)

Anyhoo, on to the real reason for this post ... when I had the idea for this project I was more or less completely inspired by a project I'd read about last year ... but when I launched the blog I couldn't remember the name of the project (doh!). Happily I managed to track it down ... it's the 3191 Miles project which is a beautiful collaborative photography project between Maria Alexandra Vettese and Stephanie Congdon Barnes who live 3191 miles apart. Since 2006 they've been posting beautiful snapshots of their lives spent seperately but somehow all the more close for the distance that lies between them.



They've published two beautiful collections of their photos: 3191: Evenings and A Year of Mornings: 3191 miles apart ... quietly beautiful photos and a loudly inspiring project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment